Brain Fog and Infection
When we talk about infections we are pointing to viruses, bacteria, mold, fungus, parasites, Lyme disease, and YEAST. We can get these infections through the air, water, food, bug bites, other people, and pets. This post is not to create fear about microbes but knowledge on how to test for them.
3 ways infection creates brain fog:
1. High amounts of infection create high amounts of waste (microbial poop). High amounts of microbes in the gut or brain will elevate the waste in these areas.
- Parasites produce phenolic and indole compounds
- Yeast create acetaldehyde and arabinitol, both neurotoxin
- Mold creates mycotoxins, a neurotoxin
- Bacteria create ammonia type compounds
- Virus create lactic acid in the brain and body
2. Higher amounts of infection will lead to higher amounts of oxygen species, such as myeloperoxidase, hydrogen peroxide, catalase, peroxidase, etc. (PLEASE RESEARCH! Important!) In heavy amounts of these forms of oxygen can damage the nerves. If the infections is in the head, it can lead to the fog.
Infections in the body are attacked by the immune system cells which are:
- T cells
- Natural Killer Cells
T cells are immature when first created in the thymus gland, which lies behind the breastbone. Interleukins are cells that train the T cells, and tell them what infections to kill. The immature T cells then graduate and become professional killers of yeast or parasites or bacteria, etc.
The body attempts to kill off infection by the use of oxygen or ROS(reactive oxygen species). Think of oxygen molecules as tiny pinballs that go and punch through the skin of the infections to kill them off.
3. When infections die off, there toxins pour into the blood stream and tissues of the head. This creates an inflammatory response and brain fog follows.
How to test:
- Organic Acid Testing by Great Plains Labs
- Supplements that help absorb toxins of brain fog: (Please make sure you get the testing and opinion of a professional before taking these. Research and find proper testing so you do not over use supplements.)
- Vitamin C
- ACTIVATED charcoal
Don’t you be drowning in infection anymore!